Direct Democracy (CDD)
A Referendum Advocacy Group
Let the People Decide!
[CDD] Current Events
No website can fully reflect the activities of CDD. This chronological listing of major events tries to give a perspective of the group's activities. Links are provided to fuller accounts when such accounts are available. Not all documentation is available electronically, and even less is on this website.
Chronological listing of events
- December 1996 "Full Democracy": Article in The Economist Magazine of London, England, by Brian Beedham
- April 1997 "Direct Democracy": Article in Common Ground Magazine,
May 1997 "Making BC's Referendum Act Workable": Article in Common Ground Magazine,
- June 1997
"Direct Democracy": Interview in
Common Ground Magazine,
- Chapter 17 of John Raven's book "The New
Wealth of Nations" added to the web, Nov 11/97
- The Direct Democracy Task Force in North Vancouver - May 11th 1998
- Letter to Vancouver, Richmond, and Burnaby City Councils - November 21st, 1997
- Second Public Meeting - November 28th, 1997 - Speakers: Ted White, M.P., North Vancouver, and Reimar Kroecher, President of CDD
- North Vancouver pursues direct democracy - November 3rd, 1997
- Canadians for Direct Democracy and Party Politics - An article by Colin Stark and Linda Bagga, Revised November, 1997
- Report on our first Public Meeting - October 22nd, 1997 - Speakers: Andre Carrel, Administrator of the City of Rossland, B.C. and Reimar Kroecher, President of CDD
- Andre Carrel's speech to CDD, October 22nd, 1997
- Alberto de Feo's speech to CDD, October 22nd, 1997
- Democracy Advocates Want Votes - By Dan Hilborn, Burnaby Now Newspaper, October 26, 1997. The story of CDD's first public meeting - Courtesy of "TAXCAP"
- The Democratic Way - A paper by Andre Carrel,
Rossland, B.C., June, 1997
- The Referendum Controversy at Pitt Meadows
- Swiss Vote to Keep Rational Drug Policy: Voters Support Heroin Maintenance, Methadone Treatment, September 28, 1997. Courtesy of The Lindesmith Center On-line Library.
- January 1998 Letter to Premier Clark - January 5th 1998
- May 1998 - McQuaig, Linda, "The Cult of Impotence", 1998.
another of her serious exposÚs that reads like a thriller. added .
- October 1998 Draft Report #4 of the District of North Vancouver Task Force on Direct Democracy
[CDD] Current Events