Direct Democracy (CDD)
A Referendum Advocacy Group
Let the People Decide!
Canadians for Direct Democracy (CDD) is a non-political, non-partisan, non-profit society. CDD provides these links as an information service, and does not endorse their content.
Links to sites relevant to Direct Democracy
- Electoral Reform Links - A section of Kevin Toyne's extensive and artistic political commentary from Manitoba "A New Canada - Socially Progressive and Fiscally Conservative"
- Canadians for Proportional Representation - Winnipeg
- Direct Democracy - Winnipeger Mirek Kolar's page
- Winnipeger George Sagi's site - contains sample passages of his soon-to-be-published book on Direct Democracy
- C'FER - Canadians for Electoral Reform
- Canadians for Local Democracy - C4LD - A comprehensive site that is the tip of the iceberg of the Toronto group which, amongst loftier objectives, opposes the Harris government.
- Electoral Change Coalition of B.C. (ECCO BC) - A B.C. Coalition dedicated to having a binding referendum on a fairer and more accountable electoral system.
- Teledemocracy Action News + Network (TAN+N) Ted Becker's extensive "Global Democracy Movement" website on direct electronic democracy at Auburn University, Alabama, U.S.A.
- American Democracy and Computer Mediated Communication: A Case Study in Minnesota Ph.D. Dissertation of Geoffrey Scott Aikens, Cambridge University. April, 1997
- Democracies Online - An extensive and professional Minneapolis site - "Promoting the development and sustainability of online civic participation and democracy efforts around the world through experience, outreach, and education"
- Center for Voting Democracy - A mature, extensive U.S. site on Proportional Representation with worldwide links
- Swiss Vote to Keep Rational Drug Policy: Voters Support Heroin Maintenance, Methadone Treatment, September 28, 1997. Courtesy of The Lindesmith Center On-line Library.
- IDEA - International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance
- Direct Democracy League - Oklahoma
- Best Direct Democracy - Electronic democracy solutions
- Swiss: Dates des votations populaires
- Swiss: Initiative populaire "Négociations d'adhésion à l'UE: que le peuple décide!"
- Scott London - Essays on electronic democracy
- TAXCAP - Peter MacDonald's Vancouver site advocating public referendums to set a cap on taxes.
- LETSystem - Community Currencies - a non-exploitative money system that keeps energy (money) circulating within your own community
- Computer conferencing systems
- Howard Rheingold's page - A veteran of the web
- Ending corporate governance
- CCAFT - Citizens Concerned about Free Trade
- Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
- The Council of Canadians
Links to Direct Democracy Articles and BooksBooks not on the web are listed in the bibliography.
- The Economist, December 21st 1996 - a 12 page article by Brian Beedham
- The Economist on a better way to vote - 1995 article by Brian Beedham
- Democracy Advocates Want Votes - By Dan Hilborn, Burnaby Now Newspaper, October 26, 1997. The story of CDD's first public meeting - Courtesy of "TAXCAP"
- The People's Mandate, Referendums and a More Democratic Canada,1992
- 8 pages of notes on Patrick Boyer's book
- The New Wealth of Nations - Three chapters of John Raven's book that re-visits Adam Smith's famous work on governance
- Shambhala's "Ken Wilber Forum" We recommend the books of Ken Wilber because they outline a context in which everything can be held.
[Index] [Aims] [CDD] Current Events [Economist] [Direct Democracy] [DD Interview] [BC Referendum] [Links] [Bibliography] [Top] [E-mail]